If you’re a fun-loving, adventurous, “good sort”, you’ve found your peeps!
We are always looking for other like-minded, outdoor adventure-loving people to join our whānau.
If you are passionate about the outdoors, living life to its fullest and helping other people realise their full potential, we would love to hear from you. Our current vacancies are listed below:
COMMUNICATIONS AND FUNDRAISING ADVSIOR
About the Role
Are you an talented communicator and fundraiser looking for an awesome cause to get excited about? This is a highly rewarding and varied position requiring a range of skills and responsibilities including; leading the fundraising grants application process, building donor relationships, writing compelling copy and curating engaging multi-media content from the team in the field. As this is a newly created role, you can make your mark by setting and achieving targets and by utilising your expertise to establish and streamline systems and processes.
Click Here to Read more
ABOUT THE TRUST:
Adventure Specialties Trust (AST) is New Zealand’s leading outdoor education and adventure therapy programme provider. Our work is award-winning work and transformational. With a team of more than 25 full time staff operating nationally from two centres, we use outdoor adventure and the power of New Zealand’s wilderness to help bring about positive change in individual’s lives and to and grow great communities. AST is a faith-based, not-for-profit organisation. Christian values guide how we work alongside others. We are community oriented and committed to values of manaakitanga and mutual respect. We collaborate with community partners to achieve shared outcomes.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for driving effective and coordinated donor relations and grants activities for AST, as well as overseeing all key supporter and stakeholder communications. Key accountabilities include; leading fundraising processes and philanthropic grants applications, working with senior staff to develop an annual grants calendar, supporting the CEO to manage strategic partnerships and build relationships with new and significant donors, overseeing all outward-facing communications, developing and implementing a multi-media content calendar, monitoring and improving digital performance.
- You will need to be highly organised, confident and proactive. You will enjoy using your initiative as well as your critical thinking, problem solving, persuasive writing and digital skills.
- You will have proven experience in managing donors, grants or fundraising, or a similar role. The ability to manage your own time, prioritise workload and work to deadlines is essential.
- You will have excellent proof-reading and editing skills, sharp attention to detail, familiarity with key social media platforms and an ability to develop relationships and foster supporter engagement.
- You will be inspired by AST’s work and enjoy contributing to this hugely positive, community-building cause.
- Willing to work within the special character and values of Adventure Specialties Trust.
- This is a permanent part time position, 32 hours per week, with flexible working arrangements available.
Extra benefits for you:
- Join a friendly and supportive team.
- Receive a comprehensive handover from the fundraising incumbent.
- Benefit from a strong organisational culture of staff care and professional development including the provision of a supervisor, allowance and other resources supporting your ongoing personal and professional development.
- Experience outdoor excursions including an annual staff retreat.
- Enjoy a workplace with free vehicle parking and linked to a major cycleway .
Applications close 11 December 2020.
Emails will be electronically acknowledged, however further correspondence may not be given unless you are short listed. If you would like to speak to somebody about this role, contact Jared Partridge on (09) 837 6033.
Each year Adventure Specialties Trust offers internships positions for a lucky few.
Do you want to work with youth in the great outdoors?
Are you passionate about outdoor adventure?
Have a desire to see young people grow and develop into the best they can be?
Applications are now closed for our 2021 Internship programme.