A free kaupapa Māori adventure therapy programme for rangatahi youth
The Ōtautahi Christchurch branch of Adventure Specialties Trust is working in partnership with Purapura Whetu to support whānau to flourish through exploration of the natural environment.
The Te Māhuri programme provides an opportunity for rangatahi (youth) to experience the outdoors and develop a connection to themselves and their peers within a whānau environment.
- Mountain biking, coasteering, sea kayaking, hiking and more
- Youth aged 13-18
- Run during each school term. See upcoming dates on the Te Māhuri website.
- Activities take place during the day, each Thursday, during these dates
Te Māhuri framework
Te Māhuri promotes engagement with Te Ao Turoa (the natural world) and enriches connection to Wāhi Māori (sites of significance).Self and others. The cultural framework adds a strong platform to connect with their iwi and an enhanced connection to Ngāi Tahu through the Te Māhuri framework.
- Whānau Ora (wellbeing within the context of the whanau)
- Ngai Tahutanga and Te Ao Maori (culture and identity)
- Mana Tangata (leadership and self-determination)
- Te Ao Turoa and Mahinga Kai (natural environment and sustainability)
- Te Putake (strengthening capability and responsiveness)
Want to find out more?
For more information about the programme, check out the Te Māhuri website.
Want to register?
To register for the programme, email email@example.com.
Or fill in our form below and we will pass your request on to Purapura Whetu Trust.
“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”
—SIR ED HILLARY HILLARY