SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
Our classroom is the wild and untamed places of Aotearoa, which creates a truly unique learning environment.
Your safety is our paramount concern. We are proud of our untarnished track record and operate under a comprehensive set of operational and compliance guidelines. We can provide Safety Assessment and Management Plans to meet school board or agency requirements.
All Adventure Specialties Trust instructors are members of the New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (NZOIA). The NZOIA award scheme is the industry recognised leader in qualifications for outdoor instructors.
Adventure Specialties Trust has staff who are registered assessors with Skills Active, the New Zealand Government mandated sports, fitness and recreation industry training organisation (ITO).
All Adventure Specialties Trust staff are approved to work with young people by the New Zealand Police Vetting Service as a condition of employment.
- A registered Charitable Trust, which was legally incorporated in November 1985, and have Inland Revenue Department Tax Exemption status and approval to receipt charitable donations that are tax deductible for the donor.
- Registered with the New Zealand Charities Commission, registration number CC20087.
- Outdoors Mark safety audit accredited.
- An approved Level 3 provider of social and welfare services to the New Zealand Government Ministry of Social Development, Oranga Tamariki
- A Maritime New Zealand compliant commercial white water rafting operator. Our guides are all certified by the New Zealand Rafting Association.