A free kaupapa Māori Adventure Therapy programme for rangAtahi.
The Christchurch branch of Adventure Specialties Trust is working in partnership with Purapura Whetu to support whānau to flourish through exploration of the natural environment.
The Te Māhuri programme provides an opportunity for rangatahi to experience the outdoors and develop a connection to themselves and their peers within a whānau environment.
- Mountain biking, coasteering, sea kayaking, hiking and more
- Youth aged 13-25
- Run during each school term. See upcoming dates on the Purapura Whetu website.
Te Māhuri framework
Te Māhuri promotes engagement with Te Ao Turoa (the natural world) and enriches connection to Wāhi Māori (sites of significance).
Self and others. The cultural framework adds a strong platform to connect with their iwi and an enhanced connection to Ngāi Tahu through the Te Māhuri framework.
- Whānau Ora (wellbeing within the context of the whanau)
- Ngai Tahutanga and Te Ao Maori (culture and identity)
- Mana Tangata (leadership and self-determination)
- Te Ao Turoa and Mahinga Kai (natural environment and sustainability)
- Te Putake (strengthening capability and responsiveness)
Want to find out more?
Want to register?
Check out the Te Māhuri instagram page to see photos and videos from the programme: