Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award – Adventurous Journey
looking for somewhere to complete your Duke of Ed adventurous journey?
Come join us and let’s go somewhere amazing. We will explore the wild places of Aotearoa New Zealand with a group of like-minded adventurous souls. Make friends, challenge yourself, achieve your goals, live your life to the full.
GET SOME MATES TOGETHER!
Got a friend or two or three who might be keen to do this adventure with you?
Get together a group of mates who also need to complete the same journey as you, and get in touch to organise a trip. Each programme requires a minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 8.
Please note there is a “base fee” for each programme, regardless of how many participants there are. That cost is shared between the number of participants, so the more people you can get together, the less you will have to pay! (see Journey Cost section below).
So get a group together and get in touch!
- This year, we will only be running journeys for pre-existing groups meeting the minimum requirement of 4 people
- Get in touch with for more info or to get a quote. Please email email@example.com (attention: Andy)
- If you are an individual, unfortunately we are not currently able to run programmes for individuals. Please ask around to see if you can find other people who also want to do the same journey that you do.
Each Journey includes:
- A highly experienced instructor from Adventure Specialties Trust
- Transport from our Christchurch office to the Journey location
- Hut fees and campsite fees included
- Admin fee and GST included
- Please note that participants will need to provide own food
- Activity equipment is available for hire, if necessary, please enquire for more details
The cost per participant is dependent on the size of the group and the type of activity.
Size of group: minimum 4 people and maximum 8 people. The more participants there are, the lower the cost.
Type of Activity: a Bush/Tramping Journey is our default activity (and also the cheapest option) but there are other activity options, such as sea kayaking, mountain biking, or rafting, which will have a gear hireage fee in addition to the base fee below.
Below is the Base Fee range (minimum cost to maximum cost based on the size of the group).
Minimum cost = if there are 8 participants
Maximum cost = if there are 4 participants
$250 min – $490 max
$330 min – $660 max
$410 min – $820 max
COME JOIN US!
Fill in the form below to let us know that you are interested and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss the possibilities.