Our new Christchurch HQ is up and running, and we are holding an official opening ceremony on Friday 18th June 2021 from 4-6pm (see details here).
We would be honoured if you would join us to celebrate the purchase of our very first property, which heralds a new era of stability for Adventure Specialties Trust.
After the official opening and blessing, we will be holding a fundraising raffle, to raise money for the on-going renovations that are needed to make the building fully usable for our life-changing outdoor adventure programmes.
- 1st Prize: a sea kayaking adventure for you and up to 7 friends!*
- 2nd prize: some fantastic outdoor equipment, kindly donated by one of our favourite suppliers
- 3rd Prize: a cool Adventure Specialties t-shirt
- Plus spot prizes on the night: some more Adventure Specialties t-shirts
Raffle tickets are $20 each and can be purchased here on this webpage, or at the opening night.
[Raffle tickets sales coming soon. Please email Bex firstname.lastname@example.org in the meantime]
*If you win the 1st prize sea kayaking adventure, but sea kayaking doesn’t sound that appealing to you, would you consider “gifting” the prize to one of the local charities or organisations that we work with? They don’t always get enough funding to help all the people (mostly teenagers) that they would like to help. So your generous gift could make a difference in the lives of our local youth. Find out more about the life-changing programmes that we do here.
WHO ARE WE?
Adventure Specialties Trust is a non-profit organisation and we use outdoor adventure to grow great communities and create positive change in people’s lives. We work with people from a range of different backgrounds, from high school students on leadership development courses, to youth offenders, to people with disabilities, to community groups, schools, social services, and more.
Our outdoor adventure programmes are lot of fun.
But it goes so much deeper than that.
We believe these things:
- that being in nature is good for us,
- that having relationships with others is a major protective factor against negative life outcomes,
- that health and wellbeing need to be approached in a holistic way,
- that experiencing success and mastery is a key contributor to personal growth,
- that experiencing challenging outdoor activities promotes personal growth,
- and that Adventure Therapy (using outdoor adventure as a form of therapy) is an evidenced form of therapuetic value and change.
So we use group activities and facilitated discussions to explore the important parts of life, like persevering through difficult circumstances, or dealing with hard emotions, or the importance of our connection to other people and our connection to the land.
The participants of our programmes talk about the positive changes that they experience after spending time in nature, like increased wellbeing (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual), increased social skills, a better sense of their own inbuilt character strengths, a desire to continue experiencing the outdoors, and increased manaakitanga (kindness, empathy, respect, generosity and a desire to uplift others).
We have been using outdoor adventure to grow great communities since 1984 and we will continue to do so for as long as we can! For more info about our programmes, please explore the info on our website.
For more info about the raffle or the opening night, please email Andy (email@example.com)
For anything related to this webpage, or the rest of the website, please contact Bex (firstname.lastname@example.org)